WARREN — The Trumbull County Engineer’s Office has received $3.59 million in funding for road and bridge resurfacing projects.
Trumbull County Engineer Randy Smith said the award, administered by Eastgate Regional Council of Governments under the Surface Transportation Block Grant program, will be for projects built between 2024 and 2027.
Eligible county roads include:
• Larchmont Avenue from the limits of the town of Warren to Perkins Jones Road in the townships of Howland and Bazetta;
• King Graves Road from State Route 46 to State Route 11 in Howland and Vienna Townships;
• Logangate Road at Liberty;
• Tibbets Wick Road from State Route 193 to Logan Way in Liberty;
• Austintown Warren Road, from Salt Springs Road to Burnett East Road in the townships of Weathersfield and Warren;
Funding was also secured for the design of the following bridges:
• West Market Street Bridge in Warren;
• Austintown Warren Road Bridge over Meander Reservoir in Weathersfield;
• Housel Craft Road Bridge in Farmington.
The Eastgate Regional Council of Governments announced Weathersfield has received approval for $1.6 million in funding under the Federal Surface Transportation Block Grant program for projects to be completed from 2025 to 2027.
The four highways in the township are Ohltown Girard Road (Countyline Road) from Four Mile Run Road to State Route 46; Niles Carver Road from Salt Springs Road to train tracks; West Webb Road from the Mahoning County line to Austintown Warren Road; and Salt Springs Road between Salt Springs and Austintown Warren Road.